Handprint is Technology Powering Regeneration. Founded in 2019 by Ryan and Simon, our two sustainability PhDs and tech entrepreneur Mathias, we are all passionate about creating a better world. Our startup is now growing and we’re looking for sustainability enthusiasts with strong business skills to join our team.
Why choose us?
Our ambition is to save the planet: while Sustainability focuses on reducing our negative impact, Regeneration is about growing our positive impact – our handprint.
Because we know creating regenerative businesses may be easier said than done, we developed cutting edge technology that makes regeneration simple for every business. And affordable too.
In concrete terms, we create a direct connection between companies and NGOs. On the one hand, companies can seamlessly fund projects with every operation (sale, emails, new followers, etc.) On the other hand, they receive live data of their impact, which they can use for their marketing efforts.
Imagine for a moment that any organisation can plant 50 trees with each sale, or remove 10 kg of plastic from the environment with each newsletter subscription. This is the work that wakes us each day with true purpose and passion.
To join Handprint is to embrace our values:
Authenticity, Impact, Exploration, Positivity, Empathy
We believe a profitable company has the power to benefit People, Planet and global Prosperity. To this end, we provide our team with a stimulating work environment, intense learning loops, flexibility, and ample opportunities for growth. We can’t wait to meet you!
You are a problem-solver, multi-tasker, detail-oriented and are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment.
You are highly-skilled in the world of web, application, and software development
You are comfortable around both front-end (PHP) and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
You are a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
You will report directly to the Product Lead, and collaborate closely with the engineering team across time zones via Workplace, GitHub, JIRA, and video conferences.
You are ready to build and fulfill – independently, remotely, and with minimal supervision – the needs of a growing portfolio of enterprise and e-commerce clients.
How this role drives positive impact
You will be enabling an expanding pool of international companies to connect their business processes with strategic sustainable actions, directly funding on-the-ground action towards climate mitigation and action.
Handprint’s products also increase each firm’s bottom line, so your job is helping your prospects thrive by aligning their businesses with a healthier world.
Where we are headed:
Integration into a giant global payments platform
Don’t be afraid if you are a tech star who doesn’t know much about sustainability, you will be working closely with 2 Sustainability PhDs who will handle all stuff Sustainability, so you can focus on building the spaceship. These are some of the exciting projects in our roadmap that you’ll get to work on:
– Integration of the next generation of eco-blockchain to bring transparency in Regenerative Projects (financial reporting & impact reporting transparency).
– Integration of Kafka to make the infrastructure hyper-scalable for high-frequency high-volume use cases.
– Integration of Handprint technology in external parties (Banks, Advertising platform, ride-hailing app, etc.)
– Revamp data architecture to make it robust & performant for all Handprint products and use cases.
– Advance socio-technological impact verification technology.
The Job Responsibilities
– Collaborate closely with Product and Development teams to ideate scalable software solutions and ensure Product vision is executed.
– Assume ownership of new features from conceptualization to deployment.
– Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
– Work with a cross-functional team for the full software development cycle.
– Identify what technologies can be used to improve the company’s products and services.
– Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
– Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design.
– Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities.
– 2+ years of experience building large-scale software applications.
– Knowledge of PHP web frameworks (Laravel) and object oriented PHP programming.
– Experience with writing effective, high-performance, and secure APIs that are well-documented and reliable.
– Good understanding of integrating reliable RESTful, WebSocket APIs.
– Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
– Unit/integration testing experience.
– Familiarity using Git as version control.
– Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent.
– Understands CDN, hosting, resource compression, resource caching. Able to manage resource size using tools like minification, chunking.
– Able to build responsive web applications for both desktop and mobile and to optimize heavy applications to be responsive.
– Able to design a maintainable architecture, such as component-based designs, for complex data-driven web applications.
– Organisational and analytical skills.
– Experience with building and/or third-party API integration with mobile applications (iOS/ Android), or Progressive Web Applications.
– Employment Type: Full Time
– Location: Singapore
– Experience: Minimum 2+ years
– Remuneration: Salary, stock options, health insurance (Singapore), CPF (Singapore)