Handprint is Technology Powering Regeneration. Founded in 2019 by Ryan and Simon, our two sustainability PhDs and tech entrepreneur Mathias, we are all passionate about creating a better world. Our startup is now growing and we’re looking for sustainability enthusiasts with strong business skills to join our team.
Why choose us?
Our ambition is to save the planet: while Sustainability focuses on reducing our negative impact, Regeneration is about growing our positive impact – our handprint.
Because we know creating regenerative businesses may be easier said than done, we developed cutting edge technology that makes regeneration simple for every business. And affordable too.
In concrete terms, we create a direct connection between companies and NGOs. On the one hand, companies can seamlessly fund projects with every operation (sale, emails, new followers, etc.) On the other hand, they receive live data of their impact, which they can use for their marketing efforts.
Imagine for a moment that any organisation can plant 50 trees with each sale, or remove 10 kg of plastic from the environment with each newsletter subscription. This is the work that wakes us each day with true purpose and passion.
To join Handprint is to embrace our values:
Authenticity, Impact, Exploration, Positivity, Empathy
We believe a profitable company has the power to benefit People, Planet and global Prosperity. To this end, we provide our team with a stimulating work environment, intense learning loops, flexibility, and ample opportunities for growth. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re looking for an outstanding VP Engineering who’s a problem-solver, leader, motivator, and planner.
You are proactive, with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to achieve goals and deliver exceptional experiences for all customers.
You will collaborate closely with the Product Team across time zones via Workplace, GitHub, JIRA, Zoom.
You are ready to build and fulfill – independently, remotely, and with minimal supervision – the needs of a growing portfolio of enterprise and e-commerce clients.
How this role drives positive impact
Handprint develops products that increase each firm’s bottom line, so our job is helping clients thrive by aligning business processes with a healthier world.
WHERE ARE WE HEADED?
Integration into a giant global payments platform
Don’t be afraid if you are a tech star who doesn’t know much about sustainability, you will be working closely with 2 PhDs who will handle all stuff Sustainability, so you can focus on building the spaceship.
– Integration of the next generation of eco-blockchain to bring transparency in Regenerative Projects (financial reporting & impact reporting transparency).
– Integrations to make the infrastructure hyper-scalable for high-frequency high-volume use cases.
– Integration of Handprint technology in external parties (Banks, Advertising, Ride-hailing, etc).
– Revamp data architecture to make it robust & performant for all Handprint products and use cases
– Advance socio-technological impact verification technology.
The Job Responsibilities
– Oversee our technology development and utilization plan and manage all resources of our tech team to drive service quality.
– Develop actionable cybersecurity strategy and roadmap across all Handprint Products.
– Communicate Handprint’s technology status, goals and or progress to stakeholders.
– Create and implement technology strategies.
– Ensure technologies are used profitably and securely.
– Ownership of system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
– Align Handprint’s technology resources with the organization’s short- and long-term goals.
– Collaborate closely with Product team to ensure Product vision is executed.
– Serve on the executive committee to align technology goals to other departmental and organizational objectives.
– Identify what technologies can be used to improve the company’s products and services.
– Create and evaluate high-level KPIs for IT department.
– Assist in recruiting, onboarding and training IT managers.
– Proven experience as a multi-team leader or in a similar tech leadership role for a consumer app solution company or established start-up that has achieved scale.
– Extensive experience in development, system architecture, solution design, leading our technical team and technical strategy.
– Strong leadership capabilities – with proven success of building, developing and leading a world class engineering team.
– Excellent knowledge of microservice architecture & database architecture and optimisation.
– Strong knowledge of technology in all areas: systems development/architecture, security, databases and to be able to oversee, manage and bring together all technology areas.
– Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure and solutions (such as AWS, Azure etc).
– Advanced working knowledge of security optimization and resilience strategies.
– Master’s degrees in computer sciences, information technologies, or equivalent.
– Experience in Application Innovation and Ecosystem Coordination.
– Experience building and publishing native mobile applications.
– Strong ability to think from user perspective to drive value.
– Demonstrated experience in Agile methods and processes.
– Employee Type: Full time.
– Location: Singapore, remote.
– Experience: Senior, 8+ years of experience.
– Remuneration: Salary, stock options, health insurance (Singapore), CPF (Singapore).