Raise Your Hands And Grasp The Future
Every day, we complete actions that leave a carbon footprint. In the past decades, companies have quickly recognized that changing certain activities can minimize these footprints – but if we’ve known for years, why haven’t we seen a bigger reduction in climate change?
As more companies look ahead and partner with initiatives to maximize their daily regenerative handprint, we see carbon footprint tracking becoming a tool of the past.
What Is A Footprint?
To make a transition of mindset and language effective, it’s crucial to understand why a carbon footprint is no longer the most effective way to monitor and combat climate change.
A carbon footprint is “the sum of all the damage by an individual or organization to the planet.” Everything from food delivery to household appliances can be assigned a carbon footprint. The tracking and tracing of carbon footprints have led to immense guilt and quick solutions for absolution.
When Handprint Tech refers to traditional carbon footprint reporting, we are referring to the published reports by the “Big Four” or “the four largest international accounting and professional services firms.” These consulting companies set the pace and audit other global conglomerates on becoming carbon neutral by 2030.
Unlike the “Big Four’s” trajectory for 2030, Handprint Tech believes we can do more today. Their reporting cycle only highlights itemizing footprints, with steps for future actions to reduce the said number of carbon emissions and purchase carbon offsets. This cycle has contributed to society’s belief in a space with little action or recourse. It highlights attempts and congratulates minimum efforts. With it, we as a society are no further ahead, and the time is now to make every individual’s impact meaningful and positive.
What Is A Handprint?
The term “handprint” answers the question, “is it worth it,” and raises the standards for anyone intending to commit to proactive climate justice. Individuals or organizations can lend their hands and make a difference before 2030.
The mentality intertwined in the term “handprint” means you must look at daily or quick solutions and assess where the impact will be more significant and felt for longer. Handprint is equivalent to regeneration and acknowledging where we are as a society and making conscious actions to change the future.
At Handprint Tech, our founder Dr. Simon believes “that by changing our attention, actions, and aspirations, we will meet increasingly powerful demands from investors, employees, and consumers.” Regeneration is an inclusive practice and sees restoring the environment to its former state through proactive contributions from everyone.
The Regenerative Future Is Now
Handprint Tech wants to focus on building a regenerative economy. We view the regenerative future as abundance with a foundation of continual regeneration with projects focusing on nature through tree planting, cleaning oceans, protecting wildlife, and benefiting society through further education and clean water access, plus numerous other opportunities.
Currently, we are living in an industrial and extractive system. Climate change, global warming, and ocean biodiversity have all been negative effects of this system. The biggest hurdle when thinking about the future is people feel overwhelmed with the work or changes they would make. At Handprint tech, we know a regenerative economy can exist without changing your daily tasks. The secret is to attach a positive impact with every action and shift your mindset to incorporate the following:
- A Shift In Attention: Instead of looking at what you do wrong, focus on what you can improve for the future—plan deliberate actions instead of reminiscing on past promises.
- A Shift In Action: Look outside your neighborhood to what could be accomplished for the greater good and long-lasting impact.
- A Shift In Aspiration: We don’t want small changes and false hope that minimum activity will amount to a broader ripple effect. We are moving away from the term “carbon neutrality” and speaking about climate wellness.
- A Shift In Technology: We believe tools and tech are at the forefront of what we can accomplish with all organizations and informal communities acting in ways that benefit the natural world (1-3) and its human inhabitants (5-7).
- A Shift In Reporting Requirements: Investors are used to receiving quarterly reporting that only gives a snapshot of your branding and activity. They have gotten used to reports that summarize quarters instead of real-time reporting that showcases immediate decision-making with actions. Together we can shift into automotive reporting and stay driven with daily resources and community involvement.
- A Shift In Employee Engagement: Instead of looking for quarterly events, drive KPIs and target completion with engaged employees who feel pride about their employer’s beliefs.
- A Shift In Consumer Expectations: We need more companies to be at the forefront of the message and work with their consumers to achieve maximum impact.
We encourage you to step boldly into a future with a conscious and positive impact behind every instinct. With Handprint Tech, abundance and regeneration are within your reach.
Book a demo call today with Handprint to learn what the future holds.