Handprint is Technology Powering Regeneration. Founded in 2019 by Ryan and Simon, our two sustainability PhDs and tech entrepreneur Mathias, we are all passionate about creating a better world. Our startup is now growing and we’re looking for sustainability enthusiasts with strong business skills to join our team.
Why choose us?
Our ambition is to save the planet: while Sustainability focuses on reducing our negative impact, Regeneration is about growing our positive impact – our handprint.
Because we know creating regenerative businesses may be easier said than done, we developed cutting edge technology that makes regeneration simple for every business. And affordable too.
In concrete terms, we create a direct connection between companies and NGOs. On the one hand, companies can seamlessly fund projects with every operation (sale, emails, new followers, etc.) On the other hand, they receive live data of their impact, which they can use for their marketing efforts.
Imagine for a moment that any organisation can plant 50 trees with each sale, or remove 10 kg of plastic from the environment with each newsletter subscription. This is the work that wakes us each day with true purpose and passion.
To join Handprint is to embrace our values:
Authenticity, Impact, Exploration, Positivity, Empathy
We believe a profitable company has the power to benefit People, Planet and global Prosperity. To this end, we provide our team with a stimulating work environment, intense learning loops, flexibility, and ample opportunities for growth. We can’t wait to meet you!
We are looking for an experienced Financial Officer to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
You are a good communicator and make it easy for everyone to understand what you say.
You are a problem-solver, able to collaborate and work well under pressure.
You are results-driven and demonstrate strong leadership skills, with a good flair for numbers.
Your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency will aid our organization in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, achieving organizational targets, and developing financial plans that support organizational strategy.
How this role drives positive impact
You will be enabling an expanding pool of international companies to connect their business processes with strategic sustainable actions that become a competitive advantage for our clients.
Our clients are protecting and enriching the lives of vulnerable communities, cleaning the seas, and regenerating critical ecosystems for carbon absorption.
The Job Responsibilities
– Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition and Cash flow.
– Maintain and Prepare Management Accounts.
– Support the preparation of budget.
– Provide financial analysis and reports to improve our organization’s financial performance.
– Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
– Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting; manage and comply with local government reporting requirements and tax filings.
– Support month-end and year-end close processes.
– Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
– Coordinating audit processes.
– Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
– Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business.
– Collaborate with the Product team and Tech team to build automated payment flows.
– Additional controller duties as necessary.
– CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
– 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
– Proven working experience as a Financial Officer.
– Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
– Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process, auditing.
– Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
– Compliance oriented.
– Proficiency in accounting software.
– Analytical and organizational skills.
– Demonstrate strong work ethics, integrity and professionalism; support Handprint’s goals and values.
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Business Law or equivalent.
– CPA (Certified Practicing Accountants), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or CA (Chartered Accountants) preferred.
– Experience working in a SaaS company / tech startup.
– Employment Type: Full time.
– Location: Singapore, Indonesia, remote (excl. Americas).
– Experience: Intermediate.
– Remuneration: Salary, stock options, health insurance (Singapore), CPF (Singapore).
"*" indicates required fields