Handprint is Technology Powering Regeneration. Founded in 2019 by Ryan and Simon, our two sustainability PhDs and tech entrepreneur Mathias, we are all passionate about creating a better world. Our startup is now growing and we’re looking for sustainability enthusiasts with strong business skills to join our team.
Why choose us?
Our ambition is to save the planet: while Sustainability focuses on reducing our negative impact, Regeneration is about growing our positive impact – our handprint.
Because we know creating regenerative businesses may be easier said than done, we developed cutting edge technology that makes regeneration simple for every business. And affordable too.
In concrete terms, we create a direct connection between companies and NGOs. On the one hand, companies can seamlessly fund projects with every operation (sale, emails, new followers, etc.) On the other hand, they receive live data of their impact, which they can use for their marketing efforts.
Imagine for a moment that any organisation can plant 50 trees with each sale, or remove 10 kg of plastic from the environment with each newsletter subscription. This is the work that wakes us each day with true purpose and passion.
To join Handprint is to embrace our values:
Authenticity, Impact, Exploration, Positivity, Empathy
We believe a profitable company has the power to benefit People, Planet and global Prosperity. To this end, we provide our team with a stimulating work environment, intense learning loops, flexibility, and ample opportunities for growth. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re looking for an outstanding Data Analyst Intern to join our growing team.
You have previously worked within a consulting or research environment closely related to sustainable development, which makes you comfortable working with several data sources and able to build engaging presentations and reports.
You have experience in leading projects and in quantitative data analysis and visualization in R, Python or other coding environments and are comfortable with multivariate statistical techniques (eg. regressions, PCA, clustering, NMDS etc.), forecasting, and machine learning.
You excel in business case presentations and would like to grow into a Team Leader.
Experience in startups is great; a passion for sustainability is a must.
You are courageous, empathetic, curious, and detail oriented.
You are an investigator, focus on finding solutions to challenges, and have a growth mindset.
You are comfortable with remote collaboration yet you thrive as part of a community.
How this role drives positive impact
You will be enabling an expanding pool of international companies to connect their business processes with strategic sustainable actions, directly funding on-the-ground action towards climate mitigation and action. As a social enterprise, Handprint is committed to never making a profit on impact. With one of the best dollar-to-impact rates, Handprint also provides complete transparency over how the funds are spent, building long-term trust with our clients. Our clients are protecting and enriching the lives of vulnerable communities, cleaning the seas, and regenerating critical ecosystems for carbon absorption.
The Job Responsibilities
– Work closely with top management on data-driven qualitative and quantitative due diligence of our impact partners. You may also be leading projects to evaluate our dollar-to-impact ratio across partners using rigorous data-driven methodologies.
– Support Sales and Marketing teams with data-driven insights to guide efforts in content creation and in securing new partnerships with e-commerce clients and enterprise accounts, globally.
– Study Handprint’s target markets and influence our Impact, Digital Marketing, and Sales strategy.
– Create and lead processes for A/B testing with our product team to provide better insights on improving our product value proposition.
– Collaborate with multiple people across teams with varied knowledge of statistics and data analysis, and across time zones.
– Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills in English.
– Represent the company’s core values.
– Excellent listening and problem solving abilities.
– Highly effective cross-functional team management.
– Comfortable working efficiently with PowerPoint, Excel or Google-alternatives.
– Comfortable working with data analysis in one of the following: Stata, R, Python, or any other professional data analysis environment.
– Master’s degree in Data Science, Environmental Science, Economics, Statistics or Engineering-related fields – a rational, curious mind.
– Or a Bachelor’s degree with a heavy data science component and 1+ years’ working experience in research, consulting or tech start-ups.
– Previous experience in a data analyst/data scientist role, with network connections in the sustainable development space.
– Employment Type: Full-time Internship (possibility to turn into a full-time role)
– Location: Singapore, remote.
– Experience: Fresh Graduate – Beginner to intermediate.
– Remuneration: Salary (internship) with additional benefits like employee stock options, health insurance, CPF (Singapore) upon conversion to a permanent role.