Handprint is Technology Powering Regeneration. Founded in 2019 by Ryan and Simon, our two sustainability PhDs and tech entrepreneur Mathias, we are all passionate about creating a better world. We’re looking for sustainability enthusiasts with strong business skills to join our remote team.
Why choose us?
Our mission is to become one of the leading forces tackling climate change. Our vision is to create a world where every business grows with the planet instead of harming it. Handprint is building new products that are disrupting industries as diverse as banking, FMCG, advertising, e-commerce and employee benefits. We are creating business propositions that allow international companies to use sustainability as a competitive advantage, making it easy for them to regenerate the planet. Join us if you are passionate about tech, industry disruption and climate change.
To join Handprint is to embrace our values:
Authenticity, Impact, Exploration, Positivity, Empathy.
We believe a profitable company has the power to benefit People, Planet and global Prosperity. To this end, we provide our team with a stimulating work environment, intense learning loops, flexibility, and ample opportunities for growth. We can’t wait to meet you!
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for an exceptional Impact Analyst to join our Impact team. You will report to our Chief Strategy Officer.
You are hands-on, empathetic, curious, and detail oriented.
You are an investigator, focused on finding solutions to challenges, and have a growth mindset.
You love quantitative data analysis and visualization, working with several data sources.
You are comfortable with remote collaboration yet you thrive as part of a community.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and managing impact across a wide variety of sectors and geographies.
You are strongly committed to the mission of Handprint.
You are the voice of the impact-makers on the ground. You are responsible for their success through their whole journey with us and with their sponsors.
This is a terrific opportunity for someone early in their early career interested in making a positive social and environmental impact and growing into a management role
How this role drives positive impact
You will be enabling an expanding pool of international companies to connect their business processes with strategic sustainable actions that become a competitive advantage for our clients.
Our clients are protecting and enriching the lives of vulnerable communities, cleaning the seas, and regenerating critical ecosystems for carbon absorption.
The Job Responsibilities
- Establish trust-based relationships with our portfolio of Impact Partners, engaging with them on a frequent basis and through various channels.
- Curate and onboard new Impact Partners worldwide, through automated or manual outreach campaigns and video calls.
- Use and streamline onboarding processes to always maintain the highest level of standards and effectiveness (including KYC/AML and other due diligence processes).
- Execute Impact Service Agreements (ISA).
- Actively contribute to the collection, creation, assessment, management, costs and analysis of impact data, both quantitative and qualitative (e.g. definition of impact units, description of impact profiles, mapping, alignment with UN SDGs, etc.)
- Ensure consistent fund delivery confirmations across all impact partners with the Finance team.
- Identify opportunities to enhance partners’ field reporting (metrics, proof of funds reception, photos and success stories), especially in collaboration with the Product team.
- Closely work with Impact Partners to feed the Marketing and Customer Success teams with recent content on a regular basis, to create vibrant communications and engaging narratives. Translate any scientific jargon into accessible language.
- Support the Sales team with data-driven insights and customized impact requests from customers, such as specific categories, countries or budgets.
- Provide comprehensive assistance and reporting to the CEO and Founders in communicating impact performance to investors and major clients.
- Keep the Impact space organised and up to date on Notion, to make assets readily available to the rest of the teams and to provide accurate documentation for future reference.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices in environmental science, sustainability, and impact measurement.
- Contribute to the organization’s continuous learning and improvement initiatives in the context of regenerative sustainability.
- Be a positive contributor to our flexible, self-starting, mission-driven culture.
- BA/BSc degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Economics, Social Sciences – Understands the science behind impact.
- Passion for sustainability and significant network connections in the sustainable development space.
- Fluency in English, effective and respectful communication (both oral and written), and active listener.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and data management skills; proficiency in data analysis languages (Stata, R, Python), Excel, and relational databases and/or data visualization tools (Airtable, Power BI, Salesforce).
- Excellent prioritization ability especially with competing demands and across teams with different priorities.
- Effective teamwork across geographies and timezones, and high capacity to work in autonomy.
- Openness to different perspectives and learning new things.
- Intellectually curious, combined with a good sense of humor and high integrity.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude focused on implementing solutions.
- Knowledge in Data Science or Engineering-related fields – a rational, curious mind.
- 1+ years’ working experience in consulting or research or tech start-ups.
- Outstanding Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Experience in a B2B environment.
- Knowledge of sustainable impact measurement frameworks and methodologies.
- Knack for storytelling and design.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Google Suite, Slack, Notion.
- Employment Type: Full time.
- Location: Remote, preferably from South Africa, Kenya, Rwanda.
- Experience: Junior to Intermediate.
"*" indicates required fields