Full stack DevOps Engineer / Tech Lead
Handprint is Technology Powering Regeneration. Founded in 2019 by Ryan and Simon, our two sustainability PhDs and tech entrepreneur Mathias, we are all passionate about creating a better world. We’re looking for sustainability enthusiasts with strong business skills to join our remote team.
Why choose us?
Our mission is to become one of the leading forces tackling climate change. Our vision is to create a world where every business grows with the planet instead of harming it. Handprint is building new products that are disrupting industries as diverse as banking, FMCG, advertising, e-commerce and employee benefits. We are creating business propositions that allow international companies to use sustainability as a competitive advantage, making it easy for them to regenerate the planet. Join us if you are passionate about tech, industry disruption and climate change.
To join Handprint is to embrace our values:
Authenticity, Impact, Exploration, Positivity, Empathy.
We believe a profitable company has the power to benefit People, Planet and global Prosperity. To this end, we provide our team with a stimulating work environment, intense learning loops, flexibility, and ample opportunities for growth. We can’t wait to meet you!
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for an outstanding Full Stack DevOps Engineer / Tech Lead – a technical expert in a wide set of relevant IT fields, a leader, a strategic planner and a visionary.
In this multifaceted role, you will be a key player in our startup’s technology team, responsible for ensuring the reliability, scalability, and innovation of our tech infrastructure. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver robust, scalable, and high-performance software solutions. This role can evolve into a VP Engineering role as Handprint grows.
You are a good communicator and show business acumen.
You are a problem-solver, able to collaborate and work well under pressure.
You are hands-on, with a strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
You are results-driven and demonstrate strong leadership skills, with a good flair for numbers.
You demonstrate strong notions of software design and architecture.
How this role drives positive impact
You will be enabling an expanding pool of international companies to connect their business processes with strategic sustainable actions that become a competitive advantage for our clients.
Our clients are protecting and enriching the lives of vulnerable communities, cleaning the seas, and regenerating critical ecosystems.
The Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with Product and Development teams to ideate scalable software solutions and ensure Product vision is executed.
- Own existing and new features from conceptualization to deployment.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design.
- Identify what technologies can be used to improve the company’s products and services. Oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan and manage all technology resources of our company.
- Build and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to automate software deployments, testing, and monitoring.
- Manage cloud services on platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP, optimizing resources for cost-effectiveness.
- Implement backup and disaster recovery plans to ensure data and service availability.
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities.
- Understand what is going on in the field when the customer uses the software. Have a good grasp of the business.
- Communicate effectively on Handprint’s technology status, goals and or progress to stakeholders.
- After Series A: build, lead and train a strong team to deliver the roadmap and achieve business goals.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Engineer for a B2B company/established start-up that has achieved scale.
- Extensive experience in coding, system architecture, solution design, leading a technical team and technical strategy.
- Strong leadership capabilities – with proven success of building, developing and leading a world-class engineering team.
- Excellent knowledge of microservice architecture & database architecture and optimisation.
- Knowledge of web application architecture and RESTful API design principles.
- Knowledge of NodeJS, ReactJS, VueJS, AngularJS, and jQuery.
- Strong knowledge of technology in all areas: systems development/architecture, security, databases and to be able to oversee, manage and bring together all technology areas.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps principles, tools, and practices, particularly with AWS and Azure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Leadership experience in Application Innovation and Ecosystem Coordination.
- Applied expertise in building and publishing native mobile applications.
- High level of consumer advocacy for technology potential.
- Comprehensive, demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies and processes.
- Jira, Slack, Notion, Google Suite, MS Suite.
- Employment Type: Full time.
- Location: Remote, preferably SEA.
- Experience: Senior.
"*" indicates required fields