Handprint is Technology Powering Regeneration. Founded in 2019 by Ryan and Simon, our two sustainability PhDs and tech entrepreneur Mathias, we are all passionate about creating a better world. We’re looking for sustainability enthusiasts with strong business skills to join our remote team.
Why choose us?
Our mission is to become one of the leading forces tackling climate change. Our vision is to create a world where every business grows with the planet instead of harming it. Handprint is building new products that are disrupting industries as diverse as banking, FMCG, advertising, e-commerce and employee benefits. We are creating business propositions that allow international companies to use sustainability as a competitive advantage, making it easy for them to regenerate the planet. Join us if you are passionate about tech, industry disruption and climate change.
To join Handprint is to embrace our values:
Authenticity, Impact, Exploration, Positivity, Empathy.
We believe a profitable company has the power to benefit People, Planet and global Prosperity. To this end, we provide our team with a stimulating work environment, intense learning loops, flexibility, and ample opportunities for growth. We can’t wait to meet you!
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for a reliable Finance Manager to join our team. You will report to the COO.
Your role will enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives, and support the company’s growth and profitability.
You are a self-starting leader with a strong work ethic.
You are honest, punctual, detail oriented and analytical.
You are comfortable with remote collaboration yet you thrive as part of a community.
You are strongly committed to the mission of Handprint.
How this role drives positive impact
You will be enabling an expanding pool of international companies to connect their business processes with strategic sustainable actions that become a competitive advantage for our clients.
Our clients are protecting and enriching the lives of vulnerable communities, cleaning the seas, and regenerating critical ecosystems.
The Job Responsibilities
- Manage bank accounts (treasury function) and execute efficient, professional payments, both international and domestic.
- Execute and oversee accurate, efficient account reconciliations and bookkeeping.
- Execute and oversee professional procedures, including communications, tracking and reporting, for invoicing, collections, settlement, and refund procedures.
- Deliver financial and management analyses, budgeting, and cash flow projections with timeliness and accuracy, for management; monthly, quarterly, and at FYE.
- Prepare and maintain financial records in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assist the COO and CEO in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Lead our team in audits and ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Closely collaborate with other teams and supervise third parties when necessary.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements and cost-saving initiatives.
- Liaise and manage internal and external parties – banks, auditors, tax agents and authorities, Corpsec, and state bodies for statutory and legislative requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting or Financial Business Management, with managerial experience.
- Experience in the start-up or early growth stage environment.
- Strong knowledge of applied accounting principles for technology and/or platform businesses, including use of Xero.
- High proficiency with Excel for bespoke data management and analysis.
- Detail-oriented with a strong drive for accuracy.
- Effective communication in English (both oral and written).
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective teamwork and high capacity to work in autonomy.
- Openness to different perspectives and learning new things.
- Accounting certification is a plus.
- Experience in the start-up environment.
- Interest in sustainability.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite, Slack, Notion.
- Employment Type: Full time.
- Location: Remote, preferably Singapore.
- Experience: Intermediate.
"*" indicates required fields