Finance, Account & Contract Manager
Handprint is Technology Powering Regeneration. Founded in 2019 by Ryan and Simon, our two sustainability PhDs and tech entrepreneur Mathias, we are all passionate about creating a better world. We’re looking for sustainability enthusiasts with strong business skills to join our remote team.
Why choose us?
Our mission is to become one of the leading forces tackling climate change. Our vision is to create a world where every business grows with the planet instead of harming it. Handprint is building new products that are disrupting industries as diverse as banking, FMCG, advertising, e-commerce and employee benefits. We are creating business propositions that allow international companies to use sustainability as a competitive advantage, making it easy for them to regenerate the planet. Join us if you are passionate about tech, industry disruption and climate change.
To join Handprint is to embrace our values:
Authenticity, Impact, Exploration, Positivity, Empathy.
We believe a profitable company has the power to benefit People, Planet and global Prosperity. To this end, we provide our team with a stimulating work environment, intense learning loops, flexibility, and ample opportunities for growth. We can’t wait to meet you!
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for a reliable Finance, Accounts and Contract Manager to join our team. You will report to the CEO.
Your role will enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives, and support the company’s growth and profitability.
You are a leader with strong work ethics.
You are honest, punctual, detail oriented and analytical.
You are comfortable with remote collaboration yet you thrive as part of a community.
You are strongly committed to the mission of Handprint.
How this role drives positive impact
You will be enabling an expanding pool of international companies to connect their business processes with strategic sustainable actions that become a competitive advantage for our clients.
Our clients are protecting and enriching the lives of vulnerable communities, cleaning the seas, and regenerating critical ecosystems for carbon absorption.
The Job Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain financial records in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Manage invoicing, collection and refund procedures. Following up on outstanding invoices and refunds.
- Prepare statements and reports for management monthly and quarterly, and at FYE.
- Analyse financial information and provide financial advice.
- Oversight and understanding of account reconciliations, controls, quality and accuracy.
- Assist in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Participation in audits and ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Closely collaborate with other teams and supervise third parties when necessary.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements and cost-saving initiatives.
- BA/BSc degree in Accounting or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and software, including Xero, and proficiency with MS Excel.
- Detail-oriented with a strong drive for accuracy.
- Effective communication in English (both oral and written).
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective teamwork and high capacity to work in autonomy.
- Openness to different perspectives and learning new things.
- Accounting certification is a plus.
- Experience in the start-up environment.
- Interest in sustainability.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite, Slack, Notion.
- Employment Type: Full time.
- Location: Remote, preferably Singapore.
- Experience: Intermediate.
"*" indicates required fields