30 years of ”corporate sustainability” has left our earth in a dire state.
Biodiversity loss, planetary fever, floods, wildfires, droughts, melting ice caps, dying corals… the list goes on.
We need a new approach.
- To Achieve Different Outcomes
- We Need to Shift our Priorities
- By using Natural and Digital Technologies
- Powered by Economies of Collective Action
The planet has a carbon budget. How much time do we have left until we run out?
How to start growing your own Handprint
I’m sure you heard about a carbon footprint. It is the sum of all the actions we take that have a negative impact on the planet. We consume electricity, we drive to work, we fly to our holiday destination, we waste food and plastic and so on. All these actions create a negative impact that can be expressed in CO2 equivalent. The more CO2 ends up in the atmosphere, the more the planet heats up and the more we will be exposed to wildfires, floods, erosion, infectious diseases, water shortages, extreme weather and so on.
To maximize our chances of avoiding climate collapse, governments, companies, and individuals must work together to work towards 2 critical goals.
1) Firstly, we need to reduce activities that are associated with carbon emissions. This falls upon primary industries such as electricity and transport companies.
2) Secondly, we need to increase the earth’s capacity to remove carbon from the atmosphere. This is the part we can all be involved with TOGETHER by growing our handprint. It is everybody’s job. So let’s get started!
Oops! We could not locate your form.